Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARES - Human Mercenary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

ARES - Human Mercenary Empty
PostSubject: ARES - Human Mercenary   ARES - Human Mercenary EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 am

Louis Barlen is a very interesting person. He was a corporate small weapon's engineer working for Ares in Detroit (actually on the team that developed the Ares Predator II pistol). He was a very talented designer, making over 200K per year, and having quite a successful career. Two years ago, he was transferred to Seattle. Several weeks into the family's new environment, his wife and two kids were killed by go-gangers in southern Seattle. His wife, Sheila lived for three days, trying to keep her husband from losing his heart. When he said that he would die with her, she made him promise not to kill himself.

The day after she died, Louis Barlen went hunting. It didn't take long for him to track down the killers (they put their logos all over their car). He executed eleven thugs that day, and discovered that he had quite an ability to live in the dark.

Now, he is a cab driver and part time bodyguard. He takes dangerous fairs, and has even killed three would-be robbers in his cab. When he comes across the darker elements of society, sometimes he decides to do something about it. The closest thing he has to friends are a few fixer handlers, a friend back in Detroit who is also an engineer, and some co-workers. Somewhere along the line, they started calling him Ares, partially because of his past work, but mostly because of the greek god of war.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: ARES - Human Mercenary   ARES - Human Mercenary EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 am

Street Name: Ares

Basic Description: Six foot four, two hundred pounds, graying hair, weathered face. Dark eyes.

Formal Education: Masters in Industrial Engineering MIT&T

Informal Education: Marksman in Pistols and Submachine Guns (Ares)

Hobbies: Used to have hobbies. Gunplay.

Fears: Sleep

Most Hated Activities: The first few drinks, and the memories that come with them.

Most Liked Activities: Taking a gun a part, fixing it, improving it. This is not for any psychotic reasons. It is what his education was in. Talking to people (contrary to this questionnaire, people find him friendly, if a bit distant.

Deepest Secret or Wildest Fantasy: To die, and see his wife and kids again.

General Attitude towards-

Self: Hates himself. Cannot commit suicide for religious reasons, but puts himself in extremely dangerous situations to face his demons. Oddly enough, Ares is a very good person, just has alot of issues.

The concept of Friendship: Always enjoyed friends, and if he cares for someone, he will do anything for them. Doesn't have many friends at the moment.

Love: Sends him to the bottle every time. He is married to a dead woman, and will not find another.

Sex: Not anymore.

Dating: Not anymore.

Family: Family was killed two years ago by gangers. Senseless killing. He has already avenged them, but that did little to make amends. He visits their graves weekly.

Marriage: Forever.

Country of Residence: Never saw himself as part of a country. Was always working for Ares, in detroit, until two years ago. He could give two shits less about the UCAS.

The World in General: Doesn't think that big-picture. He sees it as pretty crummy, but clings to the few things of beauty that enter his life (a friendly conversation with a cab-fair, a good hot-dog, cold winter mornings, and children.

Religion: Was a Christian, now has a lot of anger for God. Says he doesn't believe, yet he doesn't have the will to actually act out against his old beliefs.

What is the PC like when he/she is -

Drunk: Self-loathing, combative, eventually overly emotional.

Stoned: Never used drugs.

Being chased by 20 people armed with lasers: Impossible. He wouldn't run from twenty people with lasers, he would kill them all or die trying.

Favorite -

Music/Music Group: Jazz and old 2030's Razz Rock.

Trid (TV) Show: Doesn't own a TV

Historical Figure: Nicholas Aurelius

Least Favorite -

Music/Music Group: Doesn't actually hate any specific music, but turns the stations off in his cab when commercials come on.

Trid (TV) Show: All of them.

Historical Figure: No one fits this bill.

Is the character a loner or social: Loaner, though used to be quite social as a weapons engineer back in his Ares day.

What does the character feel has been the most significant event in history: The day his wife and kids were killed.

What is the character's general diet?: Whatever is closest when he gets hungry.

Does the character have any vices?: Alcohol

Does the character live with any significant regrets?: Yeah...not being there on that day.

Clubs/Organizations in which the character is a member: None

Personal Causes: None

Supported Public Causes: None

Opposed Public Causes: None

Accomplishments to better society (if any): Has killed about thirty gangers, six bad cops, two company men, a made man (mafia), and best of all, a rapist.

Visible Defects: bad scar cut through is left ear.Anything Else that Stands out about the character's personality: Very dark nature (son of a bitch). He likes good people, and will go to great lengths to protect them, and is more than willing to kill bad guys with little remorse. He has never heard of the Punisher, but if he had, he would probably have a hero.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: ARES - Human Mercenary   ARES - Human Mercenary EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:23 am

1.) What is your general personality type (loaner, socialite, intellectual, all business, etc.)
I am a loaner now, but mostly because I really don’t trust most of the people that I come into contact with anymore. I do have a few social activities, like playing poker with Kruger and Mouth (couple other cabbies I work with). I was a loaner well before my family was killed, but that only seemed to solidify that as my standard.

2.) What are your general sources for acquiring work?
I know a couple fixers that have been finding work for me for a while now. To be honest, some of my work is self-initiated. This isn’t going anywhere, right? Well, lets say I take a few runs in areas where most cab drivers wouldn’t bother, just to find trouble. I might answer this for this questionnaire, but I would never admit it in person.

3.) How do you prefer to be contacted for work (Fixer, directly by Johnsons, through team-leader runners, etc.)?
I have a cell number that I give out for work. I keep it off all the time, unless I am checking messages, which I do every night between 1 and 3am (usually).

4.) Do you actively seek out work, or wait for the call?
Like I mentioned above, I moonlight as bait to find trouble. Honestly, I understand that this will likely end up getting me killed, but technically, that isn’t suicide, right? As to Shadowrunning, I don’t really actively seek it out, but when I talk to my fixers, I usually pay them handsomely do seek it out for me.

5.) How do your friends or associates generally get a hold of you?
The only friends I have are Kruger and Mouth (maybe Janine who works dispatch). They just use the cab coms.

6.) Do you have any specific specializations of work?
Yeah, I am pretty good at killing bad guys. I am a bit rough, sometimes even the Sammy’s give me a hard time for it, but that is the biz, right?

7.) How do you juggle work and ethics?
Alcohol. I know right from wrong, and I do a pretty good job of staying on the right side of the line. I try not to think of the security guard that I just geeked, cause he was in the biz. I would never mention it to anyone, but I sometimes throw up when I think of what I am becoming. If I can, I am going to try to rein it in a bit.

8.) What is your primary motivation for running?
This shit better be confidential. To be honest, I am hoping to catch a bullet soon.

9.) Is there a specific style/look that you generally follow (clothing/personality)?
Nope. I don’t give two shits what I look like. On a run, I wear the logical strike team looking shit, but that is really more for practicality.

10.) Do you work better solo, in small units(2-4), or larger teams (5+)?
Solo. When running, I can do either of the other types fairly well, but solo is where I do my best work.

11.) How important do you see your sense of identity (SIN, street cred, name, etc.)?
Don’t care. I don’t bother with secret identities, or street names (Ares isn’t my fault, that goes to other runners).

12.) How do you prefer team leadership to lead (one leader deciding actions, whole team working/arguing out the plan, etc.)?
One leader, deciding actions. I really don’t want the role, ever.

13.) What roles on a team do you feel most comfortable in?
The simple gun shooting stuff, the deeper the better.

14.) What kinds of teams do you work better with (clean cut professionals, crude military units, more diverse the better, classic techno-club runner types, etc.)?
Doesn’t matter. Probably not a good idea to team me up with gangsters, unless you don’t mind that only I walk away from your job.

15.) What are your thoughts on acquired loot (division of, sale of, etc.)?
Whatever. If I see something I really want, I will take it unless anyone throws a fit.

16.) Do you mix business with pleasure (getting to know runners/fixers in personal life)?
I don’t. To be honest, I really don’t want to know any of them on a personal level.

17.) Place in order of importance (not what you tell Johnsons, but the actual truth) 1-5 (1 highest):
Team Objective: 2
Own Skin: 5
The Team: 1
Personal Ethics: 3
Payoff : 4

18.) How far do you see yourself going as a runner (long term)?
Hopefully dead by Spring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARES - Human Mercenary   ARES - Human Mercenary Empty

Back to top Go down

ARES - Human Mercenary
Page 1 of 1