Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic Empty
PostSubject: Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic   Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Nathan Parker grew up in Warrington, Oregon. He attended Warrington High School, and later the university of Oregon, majoring in medicine. He discovered his magic potential at the age of sixteen, much to the horror of his parents, who were very religious and reserved. Nathan and his parents could not see eye to eye for as long as he could remember. It seemed to him that he managed to naturally be everything that Roger and Wilma Parker saw wrong with the world of the new millennium. Shortly after discovering his magic, and that his parents saw him as some sort of embarrassment, Nathan began stealing cars. Amazingly, he never got caught, except for by his parents, who only used the actions of the boy to cast him even further from their graces. When Nathan left them for college, he never looked back.

Once he found college, he seemed to find himself. He discovered that the world had begun to open its eyes and sometimes even its arms to the practice of magic. He joined a fraternity of budding wizards known on the campus as the Wards, and began experimenting with his art. At first, it was almost religious to him, but eventually, it became something more to him than even religion ever could, it helped himself understand Nathan Parker. To him, magic was somehow tied to his identity.

Since he was a child, Nathan had always been one of those boys who cared more for people than anything else. In college, he worked for a number of local charities, and actively pursued an education in medicine. Unfortunately, about three months before graduation, he was arrested for stealing a corvette. His parents covered it up with money, but the damage was done. They would not even look at Nathan. He decided then and there, to leave them behind forever. Never again would he allow them to be embarrassed at him. They never said a word as they left to return to Warrington.

Over the next few years, Nathan began working in Seattle Clinics, often for little or no pay.. His magic, and his record, kept him from working in any serious medical career, but in the clinics, where most of the patients were metas and almost always penniless, he found that there was always work.

Occasionally, he would find himself driving someone else’s vehicle without permission (something that ties himself to his childhood a friend once accused of him), but managing not to get caught doing it. It was a strange passion for the young man. He never sold the vehicles, and rarely caused any significant damage before dropping them off at public parking lots. To Nathan, grand theft auto was simply a way to flip his parents the bird.

In October of 2059, a man named Boyo contacted Nathan about tending to the wounds of a runner in his employ. Nathan never asked any questions, and managed to save the life of the fixer’s fallen contractor. Several weeks later, he offered Nathan several thousand dollars to assist a team on a run that would undoubtedly have use for his medical and magical services. The team that he was working with had serious reservations about using him, but by the end of it, they all agreed that he was crucial in their success. They even gave him the nickname, Joyride, after he stole a Lonestar squad car during the run, and freaked everyone out with his maniacal driving.In 2060, so far, Joyride has only done a single run, working with Jumpstart, Mercyshot, Cran, and Cutter. The run was a very successful job dealing with a pack of paracritters known as Gabriel Hounds that were ravaging the small Renton town of Christopher.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic   Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Street Name: Joyride

Basic Description: Medium height, thin build, caucasian male, brown hair, blue eyes with glasses.

Formal Education:University of Oregon Graduate (GO DUCKS!), Bachelors in Metaphysics

Informal Education: Trained in Cybernetics at several clinics (illegal)

Hobbies: Running, Cars, Electronics, Computers, Backgammon

Fears: Killing

Most Hated Activities: Nightclubbing (more than anything in the world)

Host Liked Activities: Running (literally, on foot), backgammon

Deepest Secret or Wildest Fantasy: (secret) - involves illegal study in cybernetics at chop shop, very inethical, and causes Joyride nightmares and occasional bouts of depression.

Genearl Attitude towards-

Self: Never looks himself in the eye in mirrors, but believes himself to be a good person, trying to better the world, though he has some concerns that he has sold himself for what he hopes is a much bigger picture.

The concept of Friendship: Offers it openly, and doesn't usually fear backstabbing because he usually doesn't make it profitable to do so.

Love: Doesn't discuss love or sex, and isn't known to date

Sex: Doesn't discuss love or sex, and isn't known to date

Dating: Doesn't discuss love or sex, and isn't known to date

Family: Family in Oregon, completely cut off

Marriage: Not likely

Country of Residence: Doesn't particularly consider himself a patriot, but knows enough about government to argue when it comes up (Green Party)

The World in General: Believes the world is a good place, just in the new Dark Ages, and that in a couple hundred years, things will improve.

Religion: Devout Atheist

What is the PC like when he/she is -

Drunk: Never drinks, but states it is because he had a bad experience

Stoned: Does not use drugs, ever

Being chased by 20 people armed with lasers: Both terrified, and exhilerated at the same time (loves to run)

Favorite -

Music/Music Group: Jazz (any), especially Benny Shazzy (dwarven sax)

Trid (TV) Show: Sucker for anything car related, and keeps up with several gangster dramas (especially Fifth and Hethan)

Historical Figure: Jesse Owens

Least Favorite -

Music/Music Group: Any morons with guitars and synthesizers

Trid (TV) Show: Any programs tied to fashions/cooking/etc.

Historical Figure: Doesn't really have a least favorite, but can't stand corporate CEO types.

Is the character a loner or social: Social

What does the character feel has been the most significant event in history: Obviously the Awakening

What is the character's general diet?: Eats as well as possible, though in Seattle 2060, soy is about 70% of his diet.

Does the character have any vices?: Grand Theft Auto

Does the character live with any significant regrets?: Issues with family, though he honestly doesn't want to resolve them.

Clubs/Organizations in which the character is a member: Green Party, several charities

Personal Causes: Helping the sick and wounded who are not able to get into regular hospitals

Supported Public Causes: A number of proposed laws supporting health care options for metahumans

Opposed Public Causes: It would require a book to note his opposition to many causes.

Accomplishments to better society (if any): Works in seven clinics in spare time to offer his medical training (usually illegally) to help others.

Visible Defects: NoneAnything Else that Stands out about the character's personality: Smiles enough to make alot of people uncomfortable. He is very friendly, and upbeat.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic   Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:57 pm

1.) What is your general personality type (loaner, socialite, intellectual, all business, etc.)

Intellectual, though I really like visiting people, and I try hard not to come off to people as a know-it-all.
2.) What are your general sources for acquiring work?

I know this guy named Boyo, who is a small-time Fixer. He originally found me because some runners he had were in desperate need of a street doc who could deal with gunshot wounds. Anyway, he has been using me for a while after his team spoke highly of me. I am unsure about the idea of Shadowrunning at the moment, but it does seem pretty exciting.

3.) How do you prefer to be contacted for work (Fixer, directly by Johnsons, through team-leader runners, etc.)?

Not really sure right now. I guess calling me directly on my cell phone is OK for now, but logically, that seems like a bad idea. Right now, I don’t have a big Shadowrunning plan. I do have a couple generic email addresses, but those seem even easier to get a hold of. I have told recent runner buddies to simply leave a number at one of the six clinics that I help with, from a Doctor Giles.

4.) Do you actively seek out work, or wait for the call?

Right now, I just wait for the call. I really am not sure yet whether this is a good idea or not. Granted, I made off pretty well on my last couple of runs, and I believe I did more good than harm. Maybe later I will advertise.

5.) How do your friends or associates generally get a hold of you?

Real friends (as in non-shadowrunners)? Well, they have my cell. I gave my number out to Jumpstart, Cran, and Mercyshot. They actually seemed to have friend-potential.

6.) Do you have any specific specializations of work?

Well, I guess we are talking pure business now. Yeah, I can steal vehicles (leftover traits from high school), and of course, I am a wizard. My top specialization would have to be in the medical side of the business. Granted, I don’t have a doctorate, but I do know my way around the operating table. In the clinics, we are usually forced to ignore many of the laws to save lives.

7.) How do you juggle work and ethics?

So far, it hasn’t been a problem. My ethics are very important to me. Granted, I stole three vehicles last month, so I have no doubt that one could point out that they are obviously somewhat slanted. The big one is killing. I really, really, don’t want to ever kill anyone. I saw recently that not being armed could end up getting others killed, so I am learning to fire a firearm. I will have to watch this one closely.

8..) What is your primary motivation for running?

This isn’t going to be used against me, is it? To be honest, I think it is the rush. The money is good, but to be honest, I have never been driven by money (with my education, I don’t need to work in clinics). Something about being in the thick of it really gets my blood pumping.

9.) Is there a specific style/look that you generally follow (clothing/personality)?

No, but this really is only because I have never really had much time for style. If I ever start making some money, some real money, I think I would like to own more nice cloths. I am not going to start getting gang-tattoos or anything, and I sure don’t want to go corporate, but I do like the idea of having some style. Maybe play more off of the whole magic logos or something.

10.) Do you work better solo, in small units(2-4), or larger teams (5+)?

I guess I work better in small units. Units, that makes me sound all macho-military. That’s not me really, but I do seem to function better in tighter groups. In parties, I usually want to leave, and by myself, I usually don’t have the guts to do anything spectacular. So, small units are probably best for me.

11.) How important do you see your sense of identity (SIN, street cred, name, etc.)?

Street Cred. Simple answer. My real name isn’t all that important (thinking of getting a fake SIN called John Clinic, or something like that.

12.) How do you prefer team leadership to lead (one leader deciding actions, whole team working/arguing out the plan, etc.)?

I tried my hand at leadership, and it didn’t go so well. I think it is best if someone else leads, and I will offer up advice when I see it. The problem is that I have a natural leadership tendency, but not the natural talent. Best to leave it to the strategists.

13.) What roles on a team do you feel most comfortable in?

I like being able to talk to people that aren’t actually in the business. I don’t need to talk to the Johnsons and Fixers as much as talking to John .Q. Public. I have always liked the detective novels, and I think I have a talent for it. Also, it is obvious that I will be playing team-healer and will get asked to steal cars, so those roles are where I will usually end up.

14.) What kinds of teams do you work better with (clean cut professionals, crude military units, more diverse the better, classic techno-club runner types, etc.)?

The more diverse the better. The techno-runner types are very appealing with me too. The military guys are usually too stiff-necked for my style, and I get intimidated by the professionals.

15.) What are your thoughts on acquired loot (division of, sale of, etc.)?

I am a big fan of the concept of auctioning off loot at the end of the game (makes lots of logical sense to me), but I recognize that people get confused and think they are getting ripped off, so I will just go with the group consensus.

16.) Do you mix business with pleasure (getting to know runners/fixers in personal life)?

I guess I should start coming up with a plan to separate these facets of my new life. Logic dictates that I should separate them. For now, I will ask runners to contact me with short messages, and then I will meet them somewhere later. Mercyshot mentioned not letting runners know where you live, so I will take that advice going forward.

17.) Place in order of importance (not what you tell Johnsons, but the actual truth) 1-5 (1 highest):
Team Objective: 4
Own Skin: 3
The Team: 2
Personal Ethics: 1
Payoff : 5

18.) How far do you see yourself going as a runner (long term)?I think at some point, I will have to grow out of it, but for now, I guess the idea is to make some money, have some adventures, and maybe, find a way to do some good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic   Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic Empty

Back to top Go down

Joyride - Human Mage/Car Thief/Medic
Page 1 of 1