Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headcount - Human Street Samurai

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Headcount - Human Street Samurai Empty
PostSubject: Headcount - Human Street Samurai   Headcount - Human Street Samurai EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 am

Ren "Headcount" Goular is a prick, but sometimes you need a prick to do certain kinds of work. He isn't your everyday romantic idea of a shadowrunning hero. He is a man who personifies the word mercenary. Though the Milspec military recognized him as Ren Goular, it has become aparent that this name is a fabrication. Possibly a big part of the reason for the darker nature of Goular is this fact. His earliest memories was from a time in his early twenties, fighting and killing in the sprawls of New York, but nothing from before that time. By the time he would have guessed himself to be thirty, he had already killed twenty one people, mostly gangers and cops. Back then, everyone just called him Ren, but for no reason that he could remember.
Around the time he reached thirty, he had been imprisoned for capital offenses and began a short life on death row when he was contacted by a military scout for an dark organization. He was given information on his "real" identity, including finding out that his surname had been Goular. He was offered a chance to buy his freedom by fighting in distant lands, with a clear understanding that he would have nearly no real life expentancy in either case. At first, he denied the man, and even went so far as to threaten him, but after three weeks (and the deaths of four inmates), he agreed to join the unnamed military.
Not even knowing where he was fighting, Goular (as he was beginning to call himself) excelled and even began to find his place. Two years later, he moved out of the main war zones and was offered a chance to train with the Milspec Ops teams. Nearly thirty three, he was already older than the other recruits, but it did not hold him back. He began practicing discipline, and even began to understand things like honor and team. This lasted for four more years before he had a major breakdown on a battlefield and slaughtered nearly twenty people, of which two were civilians. He was released from duty.
Returning home to New York, Headcount (a name given by his team) decided to try to rediscover who Ren Goular was, and who his family had been. A month later, he realized that the entire thing had been a fabrication. There really had been a Ren Goular of that identification, who had died thirty eight years earlier, in childbirth.
In the year 2060, Headcount makes a living as a mercenary in the Seattle sprawl. He is much more disciplined than in his youth, but a barbarian when compared to his time in the military. He suffers severe Post Traumatic Stress syndrom, and has trouble separating real from memory. In the field, he is very apt, and usually brings no more of his past into his work beyond a mean-natured personality. He does not make friends very well, but does enjoy the company of other thick-skulled samurai types.
To date, the only Cast-of-Characters personaes that he has worked with in the past are Hot Dog, Cutter, B.D., and (any MilSpec characters the GM-team want to align him with from his past, if any).

Last edited by Roach on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sticky)
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Headcount - Questionairre (+5 Karma)   Headcount - Human Street Samurai EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 am

Headcount

RealName:
Unknown

Street Name: Headcount (78)

Basic Description: Six foot two, 231 lb. Brown hair, obvious cybernetics

Formal Education: None

Informal Education: Milspec Military

Hobbies: Guns, BTL's

Fears: Heights

Most Hated Activities: Being around children (soft spot, but feels they are judging him)

Most Liked Activities: BTL fantasies (normal stuff)

Deepest Secret or Wildest Fantasy: Severe shame at killing

Genearl Attitude towards-
Self: Feels that he deserves the nightmares, not quite self loathing, but definately has great deal of shame
The concept of Friendship: Wants it, but personality gets in the way
Love: Straight, but has little to no respect for normal women (military women are OK)
Sex: Very abusive to prostitutes
Dating: Never been on a date
Family: Source of fear, but longs for knowing who they are
Marriage: Never
Country of Residence: Fuck the UCAS
The World in General: It is a hellhole, and most of his kills were putting people of of that misery
Religion: Hates, but does believe in, God

What is the PC like when he/she is -
Drunk: Violent and abusive, but often cries in anger
Stoned: Depends on the drug. Downers make him managible, but uppers turn him into a demon.
Being chased by 20 people armed with lasers: Soon to be +20 (done it before, can do it again)

Favorite -
Music/Music Group: Death Metal
Trid (TV) Show: Gimpy the Clown (makes him laugh)
Historical Figure: Never got into history

Least Favorite -
Music/Music Group: Romantic music
Trid (TV) Show: Smart shows
Historical Figure: Never got into history

Is the character a loner or social: Loner

What does the character feel has been the most significant event in history: Yesterday

What is the character's general diet?: Terrible food choices, but doesn't eat alot when he does eat (loves beans)

Does the character have any vices?: Alchohol, drugs, BTL's, Prostitutes

Does the character live with any significant regrets?: Yes, 78 of them.

Clubs/Organizations in which the character is a member: None

Personal Causes: None

Supported Public Causes: None

Opposed Public Causes: None

Accomplishments to better society (if any): Twelve of his kills were orks (did I mention he hates metas?)
Visible Defects: Obvious cyberware

Anything Else that Stands out about the character's personality: He is a racist, though not the typical "separate the species" type. He just doesn't like them. He doesn't particularly see them as inferior, he just doesn't like them (truth is he usually just picks the most notable fact about anyone that he starts not to like, and blames that. His closest friend was an ork who he treated like shit (and vice-versa), calling him a stupid skag constantly, though he nearly lost it when he was killed in battle).

Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Headcount - Human Street Samurai   Headcount - Human Street Samurai EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:55 pm

1.) What is your general personality type (loaner, socialite, intellectual, all business, etc.)
I usually end up playing the lone wolf type, but this is usually because I end up pissing people off. Fact is, I like company, and don't usually do so well by myself, but when I am around people for too long, I usually get sick of them pretty quick and end up saying or doing something that usually fucks up any friendship we might have had.

2.) What are your general sources for acquiring work?
I used to know some people in the business, but I pretty much burned those bridges. My name has managed to help me get some work, but lately, most of what I have been doing has been bruiser work for a few bookies. Every once in a while, some fragger from deep in the wood work manages to pick up my name just before my rep reaches them, and I get the call. Right now, not sure if anyone in the business even knows how to get a hold of me.

3.) How do you prefer to be contacted for work (Fixer, directly by Johnsons, through team-leader runners, etc.)?
I guess I would prefer to go straight from a Johnson, as I don't have much luck with Fixers. The team-leader idea isn't bad either, cause we are less likely to get skragged if the skragger is in the mix with us.

4.) Do you actively seek out work, or wait for the call?
For shadowruns, I wait for the call/visit. For other work, I usually just let a few of the local hoodlums know that I work cheap. I have been doing a lot of work for gangers lately.

5.) How do your friends or associates generally get a hold of you?
There are a string of about eight bars in western Redmond that I frequent a lot. If someone who knew me wanted to get a hold of me, that'd be the way. I usually hit them all and have a drink at least once a week in hopes of gettin more work.

6.) Do you have any specific specializations of work?
Yeah, I am all combat man. I can do the sneaking around shit too, but honestly, when people hire me, its usually because they want bloodshed.

7.) How do you juggle work and ethics?
I don't juggle. I have ethics, but I try to keep them tucked away.

8.) What is your primary motivation for running?
I don't know. I guess its cause I got all this metal in my body and it just fits. I mean, I ain't gonna go sellin cars with bone lacing and skill wires, soK?

9.) Is there a specific style/look that you generally follow (clothing/personality)?
I ain't got no time for that shit. People mistake me for street trash all the time, so I guess maybe that might be my style. Fuck man, you tryin to make me feel like shit with these questions?

10.) Do you work better solo, in small units(2-4), or larger teams (5+)?
Smaller Units. I ain't all that good solo, but larger teams are a close second.

11.) How important do you see your sense of identity (SIN, street cred, name, etc.)?
I would sell it for beer money. Its just a lie anyway. Why, you know someone whose buyin?

12.) How do you prefer team leadership to lead (one leader deciding actions, whole team working/arguing out the plan, etc.)?
One leader, preferably someone with a military background.

13.) What roles on a team do you feel most comfortable in?
Obviously in the fighting role. I ain't much for talking or sticking my dick in a computer box. Give me a gun and tell me who you want killed.

14.) What kinds of teams do you work better with (clean cut professionals, crude military units, more diverse the better, classic techno-club runner types, etc.)?
Military units. The professionals will fuck you every time, and those tatooed "Shadowrunner" types are just in it for the image. I guess I just understand soldiers more than posers.

15.) What are your thoughts on acquired loot (division of, sale of, etc.)?
I don't know, I usually just go with what the guy who hired us says to do. If I see something I want, usually nobody throws a big fit over it.

16.) Do you mix business with pleasure (getting to know runners/fixers in personal life)?
Slag man, I think these questions are gonna send me to drinking tonight. I guess, business is my personal life. Except for drinking, I never do that on the job.

17.) Place in order of importance (not what you tell Johnsons, but the actual truth) 1-5 (1 highest):
Team Objective_2__
Own Skin _1__
The Team _3__
Personal Ethics _5__
Payoff __4__

18.) How far do you see yourself going as a runner (long term)?
I never look past the next job man. Lets get real, devils like me don't end up as old men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headcount - Human Street Samurai   Headcount - Human Street Samurai Empty

Back to top Go down

Headcount - Human Street Samurai
Page 1 of 1