Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Taste for Magic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

A Taste for Magic Empty
PostSubject: A Taste for Magic   A Taste for Magic EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:03 pm

If you couldn't tell, I love the magic aspects of shadowrun that are set in the modern world. Unfortunately third edition limits urban shamanism to dogs, cats, alligators, and a handful of other totems. It is much easier to believe that these wilderness totems are respected and worshiped in new ways even in the urban environment. What is to follow here will be a collection of pieces of stories about a young and upcoming "Street Shaman". A teenaged boy named Arnold "Sketch" Jenson. He is not a character yet. In fact, he isn't even a criminal (at least not in his mind)..... But his story needs a place to be told and I figure this is the place to do it.

Sketch is attuned to The Fox. Quick witted, agile, devious, and a thief of all things. Arnold is just beginning his path into the astral and unlike anything before him... A path seems to be laid out for him to walk. He isn't a character yet, but who knows. The cast of shadows may meet him one day as a Runner. I don't even know if a Fox totem exists...but this style of shaman is far far removed from 3rd edition. Read if you want, but this is more for me than anything else.

With that disclaimer out of the way... I guess I will write.
Back to top Go down
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

A Taste for Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Taste for Magic   A Taste for Magic EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:11 am

Pt 1 has been posted. It's not exactly like... a chapter. But that was the stopping point I chose when writing it on my phone. Yup.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

A Taste for Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Taste for Magic   A Taste for Magic EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 pm

I look forward to reading more about this character.
Don't let the rules bother you, we can work around those. As to question of whether or not fox shamans exist, absolutely. Just because they might not have included them, doesn't mean they wouldn't exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Taste for Magic Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Taste for Magic   A Taste for Magic Empty

Back to top Go down

A Taste for Magic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cast of Shadows :: Miscellaneous Tidbits :: Fiction-
Jump to: