Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview with a shadowrunner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Interview with a shadowrunner Empty
PostSubject: Interview with a shadowrunner   Interview with a shadowrunner EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:39 am

Interviews with a Shadowrunner

"Now I know you are recording this, but no names will be mentioned right?"

--"No, I promise. I just want the cutting edge in journalism and I believe you can help me by telling your story."

"Right... Journalism. Is that what they call wannabe-matrix-stars?"

--"Perhaps we should go on to the questions...Why did you turn to a life of crime?"

"Now hold on just a minute, you ain't starting this interview with a loaded question like that. It ain't a life of crime chummer. It's a life. I don't go around scamming people out of money or beating them in the alleys for a couple Nuyen. I put my ass on the line for good hard credstick currency and anybody who assumes I do this for kicks obviously ain't right in the head."

--"So why do you do it then?"

"To survive. Mommy and daddy don't pay the bills forever drekhead. There I was, a successful high school athlete with decent scores that might get me an education and I don't have a red cent to pay for it. Not a one mind you. So you turn to the flesh market for some quick Nuyen. You start working nights at the local kink-club. Then someone offers you something, a chance to earn real money with your body that ain't just screwing some wife's cheating husband."

--"A Deniable asset job?"

"Right, the chance to not exist in your day to day and go for broke doing something exciting. Finally you find a job that not only pays enough for you to scratch by this month's rent, but you get this adrenaline high from it. The risk, the danger, the people you meet.... And suddenly you get another call for another job."

--"Sounds like a great life-"

"Except for the death threats, the back stabbing, the corporate bounty hunters, harassment from the local gangs, your prints on file at lonestar, getting shot at, nearly getting fragged by some explosion, or a long long list of things possible should you be captured."

--"Very... Solid counterpoints. So where did you pick up your particular talents?"

"Gradeschool. When the local Orc bully beats in your face every day for a month you get real good at running. You also get smart and tough. The only problem is that the world ain't a straight line. You don't want to run a single direction because if they don't catch you they will probably find you. You take to the twists, to the turns, to jumping over trashcans and climbing up walls and rusted ladders."

--"So like parkour?"

"Something like that, but a lot more practical and a lot less pretty. Survival breeds effectiveness. It does not breed beauty."

--"You seem very-"

"Finish that statement and I'll break your jaw. You want to speak to me like that you gotta earn your reputation."

--"Okay.... Rumor has it that you have some other 'explosive assets', what can you tell us about those?"

"Is that a sex joke?"

--"No..."

"It sounded like a sex joke..."

--"Just... Just sit back down. I promise it wasn't a sex joke. I was talking literally about your explosives..."

"Explosives are just an adopted tool of the trade. They help fill a niche that my athletic prowess doesn't fit. They were easy to learn, effective, and generally are sought after by potential employers."

--"So it is a skill set acquired to make you more attractive to possible employers?"

"I'm gonna break your jaw...."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Interview with a shadowrunner
Page 1 of 1