Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bubbahoteph

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno Empty
PostSubject: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Garrosh prepares for his Saturday night travels by removing his weapons but he leaves on his Form Fitting Body Armor under his street clothes and jacket. He takes the bus to Dante's Inferno and travels to the 8th floor. After a quick look around Garrosh starts asking for Alpha Blue.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:49 am

Behind the bar are a number of tenders, mostly nova-hot elven and human girls around college age, as well as a very nicely dressed ork with a black vest and tie. His sleeves are rolled up past a series of tatooes, which suggest another background beyond beverage services. You ask him about Alpha Blue, and he gestures back towards a side room where dancers are hopping to an older techno-style music from the turn of the century, with flashing strobes striking at every beat. Upon entering, you take a moment to breath it all in. Near the far left corner, a large booth is set up where a half dozen runner types are sitting around enjoying themselves. Among them, a beautiful elven woman with jet black hair in her late twenties, who eyes you from a distance and smiles. Here eyes are striking, almost glowing an intense blue, even in this darkness. Possibly cybereyes. Somehow, she knows you for who you are, and nodds you over. As you make your way across the crowded dance floor, you see that she says something to the man next to her, a large military looking fellow, who in turn says something to the others. By the time you reach Alpha Blue's table, the others have already vanished into the night life.
Back to top Go down
bubbahoteph

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Garrosh approaches her table, inclines his head deeply as a sign of respect and says, "I hear you may have work for a man like myself."
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Lady Blue smiles at this, and gestures you to sit with her at the booth. "Right to the point. Something to be said for that I guess."

She waits patiently for you to sit across from her. You notice a slew of drinks and ash trays, and a few odds and ends of various appetizers also dot the littered table. At one end, a spectacular neutron guitar lies draped against the padded synthleather booth. From the look of it, this might be some sort of music job. Alpha definately looks the part. Absolutely beautiful, lean, yet muscular, with a grin that suggests flirtation, something that Garosh finds almost unsettling coming from such a fine elven lady.

"Would you care for a drink?"
Back to top Go down
bubbahoteph

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:09 am

"I would love a drink, thank you. I apologize for my terseness, I am out of practice with social niceties."

Gar takes a seat across from her and does his best to look relaxed and casual.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 pm

"That is more than all right my new friend. It is not your social graces that I interested in hiring you."

She signals the bartender, who simply nods back in answer.

"Tell me, are you currently part of a team, or are you independent? I ask because I have use for both, and, quite frankly, if you do have a team, we might be able to get you to work immediately. I have an datasteal job that is novahot , and my normal guys are busy at the moment. If you are independent, I am interested in knowing if you have enough resources to put a team together for the same job - meaning you can have the opportunity to get your own guys (read as: you can use the Cast-of-Shadows Looplist/Forums to ask the other guys). Don't let this distress you either, as if you are currently alone in the business, I may be able to try to assemble a team, but that would place you in a group of relative unknowns.
Back to top Go down
bubbahoteph

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Garrosh ponders these words for a moment, "I am pretty much on my own though I have a few contacts. What kind of talent and team size are we talking about? I may be able to pull something together."
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 3:57 pm

She thinks about it for a second. "Well, as to team size, that really doesn't matter much to me. The job at hand does need someone to download software that is likely hidden in an offline storage, so some Decking skills would be useful. I am pretty sure these guys keep some magical security," she gestures towards you, "which is why I contacted an adept. I am not sure about physical security, but it is very likely. I am guessing, maybe four to six, depending on talents. The problem is, the job will need to happen before February 24th. It is good pay though, with a team payout around 25K after my part. If you want, I can pay the team directly, or just give you the money if you want to organize. Jacko tells me you are more than just kung-fu and flying ninja stars, so I am suspecting you might be wanting to run the details behind the scenes. Up to you either way. In any case, the job is dangerous enough to warrant the good pay, so I would suggest some strong arms, but the number of them is really up to you. UNLESS," she leans back in the booth, "you would rather just be ON the team, and want me to grab a team for you. Personally, I prefer to leave this to the team leader...works better in the long run, don't you think?"

The bartender comes up to the table with a couple very quality beer from Aztlan. Impressive, that stuff runs in the 20¥ neighborhood per bottle. He pours you both a drink and leaves.

Back to top Go down
bubbahoteph

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:56 am

Garrosh takes a long slow drink and savors the flavor for a moment before setting his drink down.

"I am very interested in the job you have mentioned and prudence tells me that I should build my contacts list up more before taking on primary responsibility for the job."

Garr takes another drink, looks around the room and then back at Blue, locking eyes with her momentarily, "I know I cannot presume to be on the team but I am curious who you have in mind to head it? I worked with a very competent dwarf recently that may fit the bill."
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 6:02 pm

"I don't have a team yet, at least not a team in mind. My interests with you were in determining your use to such a team. To determine if you would be useful in a leadership role, and if so, if you already have trusted friends in the business. I find in this line of work that this is often the difference between a botched run and a happy client. If you think you can put a small team together for such a run, I can give you a couple of days to get such a team together. If not, then I will milk a few of my contacts to find contractors that fit the bill, and in turn, I might have such a conversation with one who might take such a leadership role. My point is, if I find the team, you won't likely know them, and in any case, they might have a team lead, in which case, you could be offered a role on that team, just understand...it isn't likely to be a leadership role."

Alpha takes a drink, and continues.

"Understand that I am only testing the waters of leadership with you. I have an equal amount of use if you are more used to being in supplementary roles. Believe me, I have use for any adept who can handle his end of a bargain, not to mention his own talents. So, though I don't have a team in mind, if you feel that you aren't likely to be able to put together a team of your own choosing, then I will contact you in a couple days with a team of locals. If possible, I will try to contact runners who you may have worked with in the past, especially if you would be willilng to give me an idea of some of the guys you have worked with in the past."

[[OOC - If you want to try your hand at leadership, you can use the loop or forums to ask around for available players (you could even offer a position to James if he is still interested). You don't have to have every player in the CoS join for that game. By the way, this is for the upcoming March 20th game. On the other hand, if you just want to play, and don't want the hastle of trying to organize a team, I can do the background work (much as I am doing with you in this forum).]]
Back to top Go down
bubbahoteph

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Garrosh listens intently, taking the occasional sip of his drink. When Blue is finished he says, "I am going to ere on the side of caution and let someone else take leadership on this. I recently have had the opportunity to work with several runners in various other capacities and a few of them stood out to me. One in particular would make an excellent team lead if he is available. A dwarf, goes by the name of Moriarti. Some other runners I feel comfortable vouching for are Dad, Hot Dog, Roach and a fellow goes by the name of Cran. They fill a variety of roles, though I am not aware of their current availability. I know how to contact Moriarti though if needed."

Garrosh watches Blue carefully as he says this, always a little nervous to say the wrong thing while maintaining an icy outward demeanor.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:18 pm

"Excellent, I look forward to working with you going forward. I will, of course, need to try to put a team together before we can discuss any further details. I have no doubt that they will have need of your skills for this job. How would you like me to contact you?" asks Alpha Blue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno   Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno Empty

Back to top Go down

Garrosh meeting at Dante's Inferno
Page 1 of 1