Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spirits and stuff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:09 pm

So I was reading the spirit section and it says I can command them from the Astral Realm if I am astrally projecting. I would take this to mean I have some sort of magical-mental link with them? Page of reference.....189 of Third Edition Core
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 pm

I took that as meaning because both the conjurer and the spirit are essentiall dual natured, then communication work the same whether both of you are in the Astral Plane, Real World, or one in each, so long as you are near each other. It is obviously a good thing to look further into.
Back to top Go down
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:36 pm

It could be that so long as both are dual natured they are able to contact each other like that. I'm also looking at 4th edition references to see if they better define the link between spirit and Magician.
Back to top Go down
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Research Update:

"All existing magical things (Spells, SPIRITS, foci, circles and lodges) have a link back to their owner."

So Spirits and their current owners are DEFINITELY linked.... the question is how linked do we as a group want them to be?
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Being linked is a broad definition. It could imply full communication (even senses), or it could simply mean that you are aware of each others proximity and the fact that you are both alive (so to speak). I can post the question on Dumpshock. Maybe we could get some good answers. OR, we could just decide.
Back to top Go down
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:56 pm

I'd rather our group decide honestly...
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Awesome, then we will bring it up tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:12 pm

As a side note.... I have a bunch of questions about stuff involving the Astral Realm. So who among us is the best to talk to GM wise about anything Astral Specifically?
Back to top Go down
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:05 pm

So we totally forgot about spirits and astral stuff on Sunday.

4th Edition says it is a telepathic link so long as it stays within 100m x Magic Rating but I'm still wwilling to put it to a vote.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 am

Since we are moving towards 4th Edition in the long run, that wouldn't be a bad rule.
Back to top Go down
lysander

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 am

Sweet.... now I just have to think violent thoughts instead of speaking them allowed and giving my enemies a chance to scream in fear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spirits and stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and stuff   Spirits and stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Spirits and stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cast of Shadows :: Miscellaneous Tidbits :: Random Thoughts-
Jump to: