Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker Empty
PostSubject: Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker   Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:16 am

Rocket

Glen “Rocket” Isles was born in Japan to native parents and abandoned to a Catholic orphanage unnamed and unwanted for being born with pointed ears in a time where growing anti-meta attitudes were on the rise. When he was six months old, he was adopted by Martin and Elle LeVerron, of Montreal Canada, who gave him the name Sael, after Elle’s father, LeVerron. His new parents, both liberal minded people, didn’t care that he was different, deciding then the very things that might make Sael different might also set him free in an ever-changing world.

Unfortunately, that same ever-changing world did not share this compassion. With supportive parents, and a handful of childhood friends, he found his own sense of identity much earlier than would be expected in the 2040’s, in an environment where racial prejudices were on the rise in a troubled nation. He and his friends used music and computers as their way to escape the ignorant attitudes they saw every day on their television sets. In September of 2053, his father was fired by a racist employer for his meta-sympathies, and oddly enough for his Asian sympathies, and soon, his family began to see harder and harder times.

Shortly after his eighteenth birthday, Sael and two of his friends, Zander and Lucas, left Montreal for Seattle, determined to make it big in the Seattle death-rock scene. Being a computer geek his whole life, it didn’t take long for this newfound freedom to give Sael ideas for matrix greatness. At first, his determination was based entirely around his music (and growing ego), but before long, he discovered that his talents were much stronger in the virtual world then they had ever been in the club scene. In 2055, he built his first cyberdeck using a stolen cyberterminal and some low end hacked utility chips.

In 2057, Sael abandoned his adopted name and SIN for the fabricated persona, Glen Isles, a name that was, at first just a socially used fake name, but within a few weeks, he began to use his decking skills to start building up a background for the personae, complete with medical records and personal history. A big part of his reasoning was to protect his adopted parents, but mostly, to give himself an identity of his own. The name Glen came from his favorite musician, Glen Burbank (hardcore musician akin to Jack White of the White Stripes back in the birth of rock), and Isles for his group’s name, Seven Deadly Isles (Zander took the name Zack Deadly and Lucas became Seven Ghouls).

By 2059, Seattle troubles found the band, partially because Glen was starting to skip practices due to a growing matrix addiction, and the discovery of street drugs. Glen began making significant amounts of money breaking the law in the Matrix, and began becoming obsessed with the concept of Shadowrunning. Though his music still dominated his thoughts, the realization that he was simply not naturally talented enough to make it big, he discovered that he had a real gift on working magic in the virtual landscape.

In July of 2059, the band began having trouble with a local gang, or more specifically with a ganger named Arson, who repeatedly interrupted their music performances with the ever flailing Deadly Seven Isles, actually firing off guns at the band’s equipment and acting as if he might actually kill them during a performance. Deciding that he was not going to let bullies do to him what was done in Montreal, Glen purchased a rocket pistol (his Matrix icon had always been a bazooka-firing cartoon character so he thought it would be cute to actually have a rocket-firing-pistol). Sadly, on July 22nd, the gangster, Arson, decided to up the conflict and shot lead singer Zack Deadly in the chest during one of his violent tirades. Horrified, Glen pulled his own gun and killed Arson on the spot, in front of about fifty witnesses. Oddly enough, in western Redmond, this didn’t even make the news.With Zander dead, Lucas returned to Montreal, and Glen stayed behind to follow his own path. In a sick twist of fate, after the killings, Glen earned enough street cred on the music scene to get a number of offers by other bands. From that day on, he was being called Rocket on the Seattle circuit. Though he still actively plays on the weekends, his real passion was in the Matrix. After the death of his friend, Rocket decided to up the ante and start taking real risks, and with it, real profits. In six months, Rocket has managed to make nearly a half-million in data thefts, picked up a handful of useful running contacts, and recently, tracked down a renown fixer named Christian Vaughn, in the hopes of becoming a real Shadowrunner. With a wizbang new cyberdeck, a quarter million in cybernetic upgrades, and a brand new gyrojet pistol, the time of the Rocket may very well be at hand.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker   Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:21 am

Street Name: Rocket / RoketTzSpash9 (Matrix)
Basic Description: Thin, tall (6’8”, 152lb), athletic build, bald, obvious chipjack system below left ear. Trendy techno tattoos on face/head (about 10% of head covered), artistic (not symbolic)
Formal Education: None
Informal Education: Wide range of matrix training courses (not on SIN) for skills ranging from firearms training to small unit tactics.
Hobbies: Music (guitar), various matrix-based hobbies and games
Fears: His family getting in trouble because of him.
Most Hated Activities: Dealing with weak ass computers (no patience for the history of the trade)
Most Liked Activities: Decking, Matrix Combat, playing guitar live in concerts
Deepest Secret or Wildest Fantasy: To be known as the best of the best in decking and on guitar
General Attitude towards-
Self: Very egotistical, especially pride in matrix skills.
The concept of Friendship: Makes friends easily, but often conflicts with friends after they eventually rub him the wrong way. Gets disappointed in people easily.
Love: Too young for that right now. Maybe someday, but for now, he only loves the physical
Sex: All he can get. Tends to treat women as objects, though never overly cruel
Dating: As long as it doesn’t look to be getting serious
Family: Loves his family dearly, but doesn’t keep in contact, though he does keep an eye on them in the Matrix
Marriage: Not against it, but he doesn’t usually get that interested in any one girl, at least not seriously.
Country of Residence: He sees the UCAS as a sham, being a puppet government to the megacorps. He has no real loyalty, except when foreign deckers talk trash online, in which case his pride puts him into the role of patriot.
The World in General: Available for the taking.
Religion: Atheist. If there is a god, he died during the Awakening.
What is the PC like when he/she is -
Drunk: Party Animal, tears up shit.
Stoned: Very introspective and creative.
Being chased by 20 people armed with lasers: No clue, nothing like that has ever happened. He would guess that he would run like hell.
Favorite -
Music/Music Group: Led Zeppelin, Djinn Sazzo, and of course, the Seven Deadly Isles
Trid (TV) Show: Mad Baxter and the New Adventures of Captain Rad
Historical Figure: Jack White of the White Stripes
Least Favorite -
Music/Music Group: Could list about twenty genres, but no specific hated group (maybe Static Hiss)
Trid (TV) Show: There are a lot that he doesn’t watch, but none that he hates (he loves the Trid)
Historical Figure: Probably Hitler
Is the character a loner or social: Extremely social
What does the character feel has been the most significant event in history: The day the Matrix was invented (though damned if he knows when that was).
What is the character's general diet?: Junk food, fast food (loves burritos)
Does the character have any vices?: Alcohol, Drugs, Women, the Matrix, his ego, and his big mouth
Does the character live with any significant regrets?: That his last words with his best friend had been cruel.
Clubs/Organizations in which the character is a member: Used to be in the Seven Deadly Isles, but now just a handful of startup bands.
Personal Causes: The social and economical advancement of Rocket Isles
Supported Public Causes: None
Opposed Public Causes: None
Accomplishments to better society (if any): None
Visible Defects: Tattoos on his face and arms
Anything Else that Stands out about the character's personality: Though he is basically good natured, Rocket is pretty self-serving and egotistical. He never bullies anyone, but he does turn the tables on those who do (more for personal issues than anything else)

Last edited by Logan on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker   Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 am

1.) What is your general personality type (loaner, socialite, intellectual, all business, etc.)
I am very social man, especially on the club scene, and I guess in the Matrix.

2.) What are your general sources for acquiring work?
I am building up a network of Seattle players, and am working my way towards putting my name in their little black books. I initiate a lot of my own work (jacking small minicorps, etc.)

3.) How do you prefer to be contacted for work (Fixer, directly by Johnsons, through team-leader runners, etc.)?
Matrix Mail. I have a cell, but I generally don’t use it for business. I prefer to make Matrix calls from my deck (the long way, of course)

4.) Do you actively seek out work, or wait for the call?
Actively. I am currently trying to start a relationship with Christian Vaughn, a fixer with a group known as Shadowrunners Inc. I also have a few other lines in the water as well, but this is my current action.

5.) How do your friends or associates generally get a hold of you?
Like I said, through Matrix mail (I have three Shadowland accounts, including rocket.shadowland@gmail.com

6.) Do you have any specific specializations of work?
Yep, Decking with a capital D

7.) How do you juggle work and ethics?
If it is bad enough, I simply don’t do it. I am a Decker, so there aren’t a lot of things that are too terrible that I can do (sure, I steal a lot, and cause a lot of problems, but I don’t actually hurt anyone. [denial]

8.) What is your primary motivation for running?
The world has got to meet the Rocket.

9.) Is there a specific style/look that you generally follow (clothing/personality)?
Hell yeah there is. My style in the Matrix is a bit comical (cartoon character with crazy bazooka), and in the real world, its all about the music (got a real urban rocker look). In the biz, I am still trying to work out an image, but I promise it won’t look all fraggin corporate.

10.) Do you work better solo, in small units(2-4), or larger teams (5+)?
Solo in the Matrix, though small units do look interesting to me, going forward.

11.) How important do you see your sense of identity (SIN, street cred, name, etc.)?
Depends on the identity. My real identity is critical that it is kept a secret. My names in the Matrix and in the music scene are my primary concerns.

12.) How do you prefer team leadership to lead (one leader deciding actions, whole team working/arguing out the plan, etc.)?
As long as the big guy shows me respect, I won’t be a problem.

13.) What roles on a team do you feel most comfortable in?
Slinging icons in the net man!

14.) What kinds of teams do you work better with (clean cut professionals, crude military units, more diverse the better, classic techno-club runner types, etc.)?
Not sure yet. I guess I will feel more comfortable working with the stereotypical runner (big in the biz)

15.) What are your thoughts on acquired loot (division of, sale of, etc.)?
I guess the thugs get the guns, wizzys get the magic shit, and I get anything extra that I find in the trix.

16.) Do you mix business with pleasure (getting to know runners/fixers in personal life)?
So long as they don’t get preachy, I can juggle it just fine.

17.) Place in order of importance (not what you tell Johnsons, but the actual truth) 1-5 (1 highest):
Team Objective: 3
Own Skin: 1
The Team: 5
Personal Ethics: 4
Payoff : 2

18.) How far do you see yourself going as a runner (long term)?
I am gonna be the next Dodger!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker   Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket - Elven Decker/Rocker
Page 1 of 1