Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rolling Dice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roach
Admin
Roach

Character sheet
Street Name: Roach
Archetype: Special Forces Vet
Race: Human

Rolling Dice Empty
PostSubject: Rolling Dice   Rolling Dice EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:27 am

During the course of a run, it may be necessary to roll dice. The forum does provide for this eventuality.

There are two ways to go about doing this. One is to use BBCode which is actually relatively simple. The other way is to use the dice icon during your reply which will insert the code for you for whichever die you choose to roll. I'm still trying to work out why some reply boxes have the dice and others don't but...growing pains.

The code to roll dice looks like this:
(roll="d6")number of dice(/roll)

In this case, replace the ( or ) with [ or ]. The dice available are all standard RPG dice including d100. And yes, this has to be in quotes.

So what you would see if I need to roll 3d6 would be [rolls="d6"]3[/rolls]. I replaced the word roll with rolls so that it would print the code instead of rolling the dice.

What it would look like on the screen is this:

Roach carried out 3 launched of one d6 :
1 , 3 , 4

Now, because the dice won't automatically add on to any sixes rolled, after you post the message and see your rolls, you may need to post another reply with another set of rolls to add onto the first set of sixes. Rinse and repeat until all 6s are taken care of.
Back to top Go down

Rolling Dice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cast of Shadows :: In Character :: Missions and Runs :: Active Runs-
Jump to: