Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Please Log In
Cast of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING: This forum may contain graphic content, explicit language, and violent themes. By registering with this forum you agree to take sole responsibility for viewing said content and not hold the site or administrators liable for anything that results.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum   Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:04 pm

This forum is intended for use by the Cast of Shadows group and is still under development.
Back to top Go down
https://runnersinc.forumotion.com
Roach
Admin
Roach

Character sheet
Street Name: Roach
Archetype: Special Forces Vet
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum   Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 pm

So I just went all OCD and alphabetized everything. I think I might have issues.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum   Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:55 pm

I won't tell. I am as bad as you.

I just went through the Cast of Shadows list and worked out which characters were contactable (is that a word?) for runs. I am sad to say that not very many characters are even accessable by Johnsons, based off of contact lists.
Back to top Go down
Roach
Admin
Roach

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum   Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 am

Any particular Johnsons you are referring to? Or do you mean just in general? Because you can always do the "friend of a friend" thing.
Back to top Go down
Logan
Admin

Character sheet
Street Name:
Archetype:
Race:

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum   Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 am

Though I was being general, I was also being specific to 80% of the characters on the list. Most of the contacts that people are taking make it very difficult for them to get hired. Sure, the friend of a friend thing works in some cases, it doesn't on 90% of them. I just posted a long explanation of my thoughts in the Upcoming Events section. Most work like this would be Johnson to Fixer, and then Fixer to other Fixers or to guys directly on their contact lists. Hell, even Fixer to Fixer would be uncommon, as they tend to treat their contractors like assets, and are not usually fond of making those contacts, less they get skipped as useless middlemen in the future.

No, what I mean is that most of the characters don't have available fixers as contacts. For example, if I were to look at one of your characters, and saw Christian Vaughn and military officer, I would have to choose between the general, including you (because Christian Vaughn is not just your contact, he is your GM tool), or friend of a friend, which would entail involving other runners and a WAY-less than idea information spread to hire the character.
Back to top Go down
Roach
Admin
Roach

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum   Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Ok, saw this last night but I was too tired to respond at that time so here goes.

You are absolutely correct. Part of the problem, I think, is that the way in which we are doing this is a bit different than the norm so there may be some growing pains in that regard.

As far as Vaughn goes, he is a GM Tool but he's designed as an all around tool. I'll be posting his stats up in a few days or so and some organizational details but I was basically intending him to be a means by which normally unavailable jobs might become available. Additionally, most of the jobs handled by SRInc. for teams would involve large and established groups. Individuals doing hiring would most likely be referred to another person or group that would be able to help them.

But, personally, I'll try to set up more miscellaneous fixers on my characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum   Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to The Cast of Shadows Forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cast of Shadows :: Administration Information :: Latest News-
Jump to: